Friday, July 15, 2011

Road Trip

With my back still aching from the seats, I've got a family road trip planned for next week. Luckily, it's a four hour a day pace that shouldn't be too grueling. We'll be spending the first night in San Simeon on the coast, a decision made entirely based on how many frequent flyer miles I had left after our rental car from my wife's car wreck. Towards Salinas I can choose, if I want, to take the very fun Highway 1 or instead the more direct 101. It all depends on how I'm feeling, really and the attitude in the car.

Night two is in downtown Los Angeles; Chinatown. This is about five miles from my Pioneer NAV installation appointment in East LA, scheduled for Wednesday morning. We hope to check out local restaurants and shops in Chinatown, which sounds like a worthwhile half day excursion. After the installation we head to Orange County to visit relatives and friends.  I will be avoiding Carmageddon on the 405 by a day. The way back is unplanned, so who knows?


Miles: 479
Fuel Economy on my commute: 32 MPG

No comments:

Post a Comment