Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm On A Boat!

For the second time in a year, the GTI was on a boat (it had to get from Wolfsberg somehow). It's also one of the rare times I can legitimately take family photos with the car without it seeming too ridiculous. We traveled along Highway 1 to Newport Beach and then Balboa Island. The idea of a car going on a boat led to squeals of delight from the small child.

One thing I noticed in Southern California is the car is pretty average in power compared to the speed racers of Orange County. This is especially true on the wide, long, surface boulevards that are often faster than the freeways. I can see why a SoCal driver would want to chip it. I had to work to keep up. Other observations: It's the city car of choice in San Francisco, as opposed to the car of choice of the monied of the Berkeley/Oakland hills, the Audi A3.




No comments:

Post a Comment